It’s no secret that our lives are going increasingly online. With the Pandemic pushing kids to attend online classes, the kids spend more time on their smartphones and laptops without supervision. This also makes them vulnerable to browsing illegal websites with inappropriate, harmful, violent, and pornographic content.
As a cybersecurity expert and a father, I decided to use my experience and take matters into my own hands. After much research and testing, I found reliable apps that allowed me to check their phone’s browsing history to keep them safe. Having tested these methods personally, I can guarantee that these techniques are effective, safe, and easy to apply.
In this blog, I am going to explain how to view someone else’s browsing history secretly, and how you can use them. I hope this information helps you as much as it helped me to keep my loved ones safe.
Reasons to See Someone Else’s Google Search History
There are several valid reasons why you may want to spy on the internet history of someone. Let’s take a look at a few of these situations:
You Worry About Your Children Browsing the Websites
With over 50% of teenagers owning smartphones, there’s always a risk of them getting exposed to harmful, violent, or pornographic content. By keeping a close eye on their browsing history, you can decide if their cyber activities need parental intervention or not.
You Want to Check Your Employee’s Online Activities
Managing several employees is a tough task, and it’s important to find ways to ensure they’re using their work hours productively. Up to 70% of pornographic content in the USA is viewed during work hours – this is enough to make any manager nervous. Not to mention that those sites are often infected with viruses. By checking your employee’s browsing history from time to time, you can determine whether anyone is indulging in excess time wastage.
Your Spouse’s Suspicious Behavior Is Making You Concerned About Their Safety
In case your spouse or partner starts displaying questionable behavior that makes you concerned, it’s a good idea to check the websites they have been browsing on their phone. If you see dangerous content related to cheating or self-harm, it’s crucial to seek timely help.
How to Record Browsing History Secretly with Spying Software?
Now, this is where being a cybersecurity expert comes in handy. Faced with a situation where my children might be exposed to problematic websites, I decided to round up all the available phone spying apps in the market and began testing them thoroughly.
Finally, I found mSpy to be the most reliable, easy to install, and useful app to spy on someone’s browsing history. Let me explain in detail how it works.
How to Track Browsing History Secretly with the mSpy App?
mSpy is a spy app for the phone and the cleanest way of tracking the browsing history. Once installed onto a target phone, this software lets you remotely check all the activities carried out on the phone, including their browsing history. I found mSpy to be superior to all the other software I tested, and for a good reason.
Here is the list of what mSpy lets you do:
- Track the target phone’s web browsing history both in public and private mode.
- Get a complete record of incoming and outgoing calls.
- Spy on SMS and MMS.
- Monitor social media pages & private messages on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp.
- Check the target’s real-time GPS location.
- Keylogger feature records every keystroke made on the target phone.
The Advantages of mSpy over the Other Phone Spying Apps
The list is not exhaustive but covers a few essential details that make mSpy stand out among its competitors.
- mSpy is a reliable and powerful phone spying tool that tracks the browsing history and does a lot more.
- mSpy can be installed onto any Android or iOS device in as little as 15 minutes.
- You can install mSpy on the target device without rooting or jailbreaking it.
- You need not be a cybersecurity expert to install the app: it’s super easy to do.
- You can remotely access all the target phone’s activities anytime via a web portal that can open in any browser.
- The app leaves no trace of having been installed on the target phone.
- Impressive customer service.
How to Set Up and Use mSpy to Track Internet History on iPhone?
mSpy can be installed on both the jailbroken and non-jailbroken phones. If it is jailbroken, make sure it runs on iOS version 7.1 – 9.
mSpy Installation on a Jailbroken iPhone
You can If the target person’s device is a Jailbroken iPhone, then here are the steps you need to follow to install mSpy on their device:
- Create Your mSpy account:
- Visit mSpy’s official website and sign up to create your own account.
- Choose a subscription package – you can select from 1, 3, or an annual 12-month package. In my experience, the 12-month package is the most value for the money.
- Make your payment and click on the ‘submit order’ button.
- After this, you will get an order confirmation email that lists out the details of your package, along with your login details, and the address for the dashboard where you will view the target phone’s activity.
- Download mSpy on the jailbroken iPhone:
- Next, you will need to have physical access to the target iPhone device. While mSpy can be installed without having to jailbreak the device, jailbreaking the target device is advisable if you want to enjoy all the spy app benefits.
- Open the Cydia app located on the home screen.
- Enter the website URL that will download mSpy to the Cydia app.
- Click on sources → Edit → Tap.
- Fill in the address for downloading mSpy for iPhone.
- Select ‘Add Source.’
- Once Cydia automatically updates the mSpy source, click on ‘Return To Cydia.’
- Now, find the new source on Cydia named ‘Mtechnology LTD repository.’
- Select All Packages → iPhoneInternalService → Install → Confirm.
- This will automatically start the download princess. Once it is finished, click on ‘Confirm.’
- Install the mSpy app on the jailbroken iPhone:
- Once downloading is over, click on the mSpy app icon on the target device’s home screen.
- Click ‘accept’ on the license agreement.
- Next, the app gives you the option to leave the mSpy app icon visible or hide it. In case you are secretly monitoring someone’s phone activities, it is best to hide the icon from their phone.
- Finally, enter the registration code details sent to you via your confirmation email.
- Then, go to your mSpy account and select ‘Proceed.’
- Enter the target device’s name and phone number, and select ‘Done.’
- You’re done! You will now have complete access to the target device’s browsing history and other activities via the web portal dashboard.
How to Set Up mSpy on a Non-Jailbroken iPhone?
In case the target iPhone device is non-jailbroken, you do not need to have physical access to the device to install mSpy. But do note that you will need the device’s iCloud credentials (The Apple ID and password).
If you have these details, all you have to do is logon to your mSpy dashboard and enter the iCloud credentials in the requisite fields. However, if the target device has not activated iCloud backup or has a 2-step verification method, physical access to the target device will be needed.
mSpy Setup Instructions for Android
In case the phone to be tracked is an Android device, here’s what you need to do to install mSpy:
- Create a mSpy account. Select your subscription package and make the payment, like the steps mentioned in the previous section.
- Disable Play Protect on the target phone.
- Take the target device, and make sure it is unlocked, charged, and connected to the internet.
- Go to the Play store, and select the menu button.
- Select ‘Play Protect’ and select Settings in the upper right-hand corner. Disable ‘Scan device for security threats.’
- Download mSpy on the target device:
- Click on the target device’s web browser.
- Copy the address given to you in your confirmation email and press ‘G.’
- A captcha check will appear. Complete it and click Download.
- Keep clicking ‘Next’ till the app finishes downloading.
- Install mSpy on the Target Phone:
- Open the mSpy app on the target phone and click on the ‘Accept License Agreement.’
- Make sure you select the option to hide the mSpy icon on the phone.
- Enter the registration code sent to you in the confirmation email
- Select ‘Complete Installation.’
- You are done! The app is now installed, and you can start monitoring their browsing activities via the online dashboard on any device.
mSpy Alternatives You May Try Out
Even though I recommend using mSpy, there are certain other phone spying apps that you could try out as well. Here are select alternatives and how they work:
iKeyMonitor is another phone spying app that lets you remotely check on someone’s phone activities. It enables you to track someone’s SMS, call logs, browsing history, and contacts. However, to use most of the app’s features, you’d have to root the target device, which could be a tricky task. Also, I found this app to be pricier compared to others.
- Highster Mobile
Highster Mobile is a piece of versatile monitoring software that allows remote access to the target’s messages, call logs, GPS location, browsing history, and social network logs. It also has a stealth camera mode that lets you take photos of the target device’s surroundings. But do keep in mind that they do not offer a free trial to test out the app, and they do not offer a geofencing feature like other spying apps.
FlexiSPY is a phone spying app that lets you monitor activities such as call logs, browsing history, SMS, messages, and more. Its full-featured version allows interesting features like letting you remotely restart the target device and uninstall apps. However, the full-featured version is quite pricey, and the basic version has very limited features to work with.
Can You Track Internet Browsing History in Private Mode?
Most phone spy apps are unable to spy on internet history in the incognito or private mode. However, I found mSpy to be one of the very few apps that track the target device’s browsing history even in private mode. It does this by keeping a log of every single website browsed on the target device.
This is an excellent feature by mSpy since most people tend to switch to their browser’s private mode to view offensive content. With this app, you’ll be able to know their entire browsing history.
How to Find Out What Websites Someone Has Visited for Free?
If you’re looking for ways to view someone’s browsing history from a different phone for free, then there is, unfortunately, no way to do so without physical access to the target phone. However, you can use the following methods. Keep in mind that they may be trickier to execute.
Directly Checking the Browser’s History on the App
To do this, you will need physical access to the target device. Once the phone is in your possession, click on their browser icon (Chrome/Safari/Firefox, etc.). Then, long-press the left button, and you will immediately see the full browser history on the phone.
Going Through the Target Phone Settings
To do this, go to the target device’s ‘Settings’ page, scroll down to find the browser app (Chrome, Safari, etc.), and click on it. Then, select the ‘Advanced’ Option, and choose ‘Website Data.’ You will see the websites most frequently opened on the target device.
Even though the above methods will let you access someone’s internet history for free, I must warn you that these are less effective and put you at risk of being found out.
Firstly, you will need physical access to the target phone and enough time to go through the search history.
Secondly, you are always at a risk of getting caught since this activity is bound to take some time.
And thirdly, your kids, partner, or employees may have already cleared the browser history from their phone.
This is why I recommend going for a professional app that continuously updates all the browser activities happening on the target phone, letting you access them remotely.
After spending decades in the field of cybersecurity, I can assure you that the risks faced by Internet users cannot be overestimated, especially when sensitive corporate data is concerned. You should also be well aware of unsupervised internet access risks for susceptible children. It is a good idea to stay informed on the sites your partner visits.
After trying out several free and paid apps, I found mSpy to be the most reliable. And it took me less than with any other app to understand how to check the browsing history of another user quickly. It helped me track my children’s browsing activities and whereabouts in a fast and simple manner. I hope the experience and knowledge I shared here will give you all the information you need to make the right decision.